Friday 11 February 2011

Meet the Delegates

Alex Year 8
 For all of you that don’t know me, I am Alex,  in 8N.  I'm representing Afghanistan in the Disarmament Council and this is my first MUN conference. 
 
Being in Hong Kong for the first time is really cool, all the buildings are high not a single one is what we would call 'normal sized'.  The first day of the conference has been really good.  I started off by presenting our delegation's opening speech.  I think I did pretty well but I was really nervous.  You could see it because my hands were shaking non stop.  

It has been a great day and to finish it off we went to The Peak. I was so happy that they had Fanta, takes forever to get in Malaysia. When we were eating I managed to buy a burger eat it wait 5 minutes buy another burger eat it all before the girls were done (slow eaters)!!!!  

What a day! Now to get ready for the next. 



Ariana Year 9












Lisa Year 10
Hey y’all! Everyone calls me Lisa.  I’m originally from The Netherlands but now live in Malaysia due to my Dad’s job. I enrolled Nexus International School in Putrajaya (NISP) and am really glad I chose this school. Currently it’s our third day in Hong Kong and unfortunately last, day of SEASAC MUN. 
 
Today was amazing! I’m was in the SHC committee (Social, Humanitarian and Cultural) which discussed, this time,  the indigenous people and racism, racial discrimination and xenophobia. The country I represented, Afghanistan, was quite challenging but I enjoyed it. As this was my second MUN confernence I tried  hard to hekp the others when I could.  

SEASAC MUN was an incredible experience and I encourage everyone to participate in any MUN conference. 


Simran Year 10
Simarn fights the nerves to address the commitee
Hey, Sim here!!! I have just had the most awesome days of my life with Lisa, Hasmah, Ariana, Seri and Alex. I just moved to Nexus International School Putrajaya a month ago. I decided to join SEASAC MUN and iIm extremely glad I did. 

It's our third day in Hong Kong and our last day of MUN conference. I represented Afghanistan in the ECOSOC community. It was an amazing experience, we got to overcome our fears of public speaking, understand how members of the UN work, and got to meet some amazing people. The conference was confusing at first, but now, it makes complete sense.  Right now, we’re hanging out in Alex’s room, having the time of our lives, laughing and eating Pretzels and Evian.
 

Hong Kong has been an amazing experience and I am glad to have been able to experience such an amazing event.

Hasmah Year 10
Hello! How’s everyone doing? I’m Hasmah. I’ve been at Nexus International School in Putrajaya since January this year. So far? It’s been amazing! Great friends and teachers too of course. I’m currently in Hong Kong with Seri, Lisa, Ariana, Simran and Alex. Also, I would like to state that we have been laughing for random reasons for hours now. Clarification will be given once we arrive in Malaysia.  
Today’s the last day of the SEASAC MUN in The Canadian International School of Hong Kong. All of us were the delegates of Afghanistan. I was in the Human Rights Council. We basically protect human right and every way possible. Even with global climate change impacts. The questions were, as listed;
  • Question of Strengthening Measures to Combat Global Climate Change Impacts.
  • Question of the Human Rights Situation in Palestine.
  • Question of Strengthening International Human Rights Treaties.
It was an amazing experience. Of course, I was as terrified as ever on day 1. It got better but the fear was still there.  
Day 2 started and everything started to make sense. The huge words the delegates use in their speeches and questions, how to write a resolution, how to make a speech and everything else. Trust me it has got to be the most amazing conference I’ve ever been to. The knowledge on current affairs we got; really useful. It was nice to be able to talk to the other delegates, we learnt a lot about their country.  Of course, all of them were really friendly. 

Seri Year 10


 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Alex, you are sooooo brave!!! Great respect for you.

Lia (Lisa's mum)

sofie said...

Totally agree , d'ont forget what the Roman emperor Julius Caesar said about the Galliers
The Nervians( now the peopel who live in Flanders, Belgium) are the braves of all the Galiiers!!

Anonymous said...

Hallo Alex,

Geweldig als eerste beginnen, dan mag je best zenuwachtig zijn hoor.

Groetjes Margriet Thimiser, Lisa's tante.

Post a Comment